Medical Practice Disputes
- There is no formal Practice Agreement that covers the area of dispute and working relationships are breaking down
- Positions are entrenched and show no signs of amicable settlement and continuity of the practice is in question – an outcome that no one really wants
- The issue is centred on an unfair balance of workload and remuneration, perhaps involving a part-time partner
- There may be a dispute over the ownership of assets
- Reaching agreement with a retiring partner may have foundered.
A mediated conversation will cut through communication barriers and help draw the parties back together to hold a meaningful business-based dialogue to focus on:
- Establishing clarity of underlying issues and interests behind the dispute
- Preventing relationships being permanently damaged
- Bringing dialogue to a head and finding fair settlement.
Other areas where mediation can help
- A dispute over breach of supplier contract